Thursday, September 7, 2017

3D II : Memorable character

Week 4


My childhood is full of cartoons, and I am also impressed with some works from Disney channel and Cartoon Network. The character that I remember the most is Powerpuff Girls.
Powerpuff Girls is an American superhero animated television series created by animator, Craig McCacken, for Cartoon Network. The story is about the scientist, Professor Utonium, who accidently add in chemical X into the mixture while he is creating the little girls in his laboratory. Then, Powerpuff Girls are born with superpowers. So they use their power to protect and save the city from criminals and monsters.

There are three little girls in this team, they are Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. They represent different colour and different personalities. Blossom represents pink. She is smart and have leader skill. She always lead the team when fighting with villains. Bubble represents blue. She is cute, sensitive, kind and sweet. She also can communicate with animals. The one I like the most is Buttercup. She represents green. She is the toughest in the team. Although she is the only one without unique super power (Blossom can freeze objects, Bubble can emit supersonic waves with her voice), but her attitude towards life really attracts me. She is brave and confident.

The character design is quite simple. Their appearance show the combination of circle, rectangle and oval. I used to like to draw Powerpuff Girls when I was young. But sometimes I feel that the more simple the character, the harder to draw. I always draw them like a alien unintentionally because I cannot control the eye volume well. And they have big eyes.

This is the part I love the most in this show!
Powerpuff Girls: Mime For A Change

No comments:

Post a Comment