Tuesday, March 7, 2017

3D class exercise : Chess set modeling tutorial Part 1

I follow the link shown below to do my chess set modeling tutorial.

Chess set modeling tutorial :
http://tutorial-z.com/chess-set-modeling-tutorial/

First, I start to do the chessboard by a box.




Then, I continue with Pawn and Rook.


I take quite a long time to do pawn because I can't understand some of the steps that show in the tutorial. I don't understand which direction I need to extrude in or out. Sometimes it turns into a weird shape so I need to undo it or delete the whole thing and redo again.

Practice makes perfect. As I keep practicing to use 3ds max while doing the pawn, I start to familiar with the function of this software. It's quite smooth for me while doing the hook. I do not face much problem.

But then I found a problem when I want to duplicate my pawn into a row. I accidentally chamfer some edges of the pawn. This affects the smooth edge of the pawn outlook.


I try to select those vertexes and apply target weld to merge them together but didn't work. The chamfer cannot be cancel. 


So I plan to delete the whole thing and do it AGAIN.

AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment